Friday, April 30, 2010

Exit Wounds

Why would I fight with all my everything if I don't want what I stand to gain? Why should I push through and persevere and try harder and look on the bright side when I don't want what that will bring? Why stand up and fight for something I don't want?
I'm closing the door. I'm burning out the sun. If I can't have what I want and what I can have I don't want, then I'm turning it off. I'm finished. Hit the delete button, bust out the eraser. Smother another failure.
You, my dear, can live with it. You can have everything it brings. And you can push it to the back of your brain and you can justify and bargain and compromise with yourself and I can just not care. You can have what you obviously so desperately want. And you can explain in 15 years.

No comments: